The term “personal data” includes any information that enables you to be identified, such as your name, physical address, e-mail address and phone number.
Lessons for Life Foundation fully respects your right to privacy, and will not collect any personal information about you on this website without your clear permission. Any personal information which you volunteer will be treated with the highest standards of security and confidentiality, strictly in accordance with data protection legislation.
1. Collection and use of personal data
Lessons for Life Foundation does not collect any personal data about you on this website, apart from information hich you volunteer. When you contact Lessons for Life Foundation to make a donation, sign up to any of Lessons for Life's activities or online content, such as newsletters, competitions, or message boards, or engage with Lessons for Life Foundation via social media channels, we may receive and retain personal information about you. By submitting your details, you enable Lessons for Life Foundation (and where applicable any sub-contractors we may use) to raise funds and to provide you with the goods, services, information, activities or online content you select.
Lessons for Life Foundation will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- in relation to any correspondence you have entered into with us whether by letter, email, text, social media, message board or any other means;
- for "service administration purposes", which means thatLessons for Life Foundation may contact you for reasons related to donations you have made or the activity or online content you have signed up for;
- for internal record keeping;
- to fulfil sales contracts you have entered into with Lessons for Life;
- to contact you about any content you provide;
- to invite you to participate in surveys or research aboutLessons for Life Foundation or our work (participation is always voluntary);
- for marketing purposes where you have specifically agreed to this;
- to provide you with information about our activities or online content you have agreed to receive;
- to personalise the way Lessons for Life Foundation content is presented to you;
- to use IP addresses to identify the location of users, to block disruptive use, to establish the number of visits from different countries;
- to analyse and improve the activities and content offered by theLessons for Life Foundation website to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience. We may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes.
We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies for tax purposes or law enforcement agencies for the prevention and detection of crime, subject to such bodies providing us with a relevant request in writing). We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity. If you request us not to send you marketing information we will keep a record of your contact details and appropriate information to enable us to comply with your request not to be contacted by us. Where you contribute material to us, e.g. user generated content or in response to a particular campaign we will generally only keep your content for as long as is reasonably required for the purpose(s) for which it was submitted unless otherwise stated at the point of generation.
2. Use of “cookies”
This website may send “cookies” to your computer to better serve you with more tailored information when you return to the website. A cookie is a small element of data that can be sent by our website to your browser and stored on your hard drive. Unless you input your personal data onto our website you cannot be identified and remain anonymous. You can set most browsers to tell you when you are sent a cookie and to refuse to receive it. For a more detailed explanation on our website cookies, please see the Terms & Conditions.
3. Transfer of your data to partners and affiliates of Lessons for Life and to third parties
Lessons for Life Foundation may disclose your personal data to other entities within the EU that are affiliated with Lessons for Life Foundation and to third parties located in the EU to the extent that such disclosure is not incompatible with the purposes for which the personal data are collected as mentioned in this policy, but only if they provide adequate privacy protection. In particular, we will pass your personal data on to Worldpay (or other service provider) for the purpose of processing any donation you may make to Lessons for Life, and if you have made a gift aid declaration, we will pass your personal data on to HMRC for the purpose of reclaiming tax on behalf of Lessons for Life Foundation.
4. Security of your data
Lessons for Life Foundation takes its security responsibilities seriously, employing the most appropriate physical and technical measures, including staff training and awareness and that it reviews these measures regularly.
5. Your choices
hen we collect your personal data via a web form, we will offer you choices about how it is to be processed. We will not disclose your personal data to third parties for marketing purposes without your opt-in consent. We may need to share personal information with third parties in limited circumstances for legal compliance, for the purposes of gift aid, to prevent fraud or imminent harm, to ensure security, or in case of a transfer of ownership of the company. We do not collect or process any “sensitive” data (such as data about health or similarly sensitive matters).
6. Your right to access, correction and erasure
You have the right to ask Lessons for Life Foundation which information we hold about you. In addition, you have the right to correct or delete any information we hold about you. If you wish to know which information Lessons for Life Foundation holds about you or if you wish to correct and update this information, please make such request in writing to the address specified in paragraph 8. We may charge an administration fee for complying with such request. We will respond to your request within 40 calendar days.
The Data Controller, Lessons for Life Foundation
Windsor Plaza, 3rd Floor
76 Hammersmith Road
London, W14 8UD