COVID-19 Preparedness for The Big Ride for Africa
As the Government eases restrictions we are now getting ready for the Big Ride for Africa at Wormsley, a private estate in the Chiltern Hills and home to the Getty Family since 1985.
As the BRFA is an outdoor based event we feel more positive than ever that we can make the event as safe as possible for everyone whilst maintaining the spirit of the ride. Here is our full list of measures we are currently working on-
- All participants will leave in smaller groups when starting the cycle or run to meet government guidelines.
- These groups will be staggered to allow distance between riders on the road/trail.
- Hand sanitizer will be available around base camp and at pit stops.
- There will be a ratio of 1 shower to 12 people and these are individual cubicles, these will be cleaned regularly.
- All toilets will be chemical toilets and will be cleaned regularly.
- All participants will be provided with one clean towel per day.
- Larger marquees in order to separate participants to meet government guidelines.
- All servers will wear masks and gloves.
- All food will be served, no self-service.
- Seating will be adequately distanced.
- Drinks will be tray-served in biodegradable cups or served directly from disposable glass bottles.
These are the current measure in places, however, we are working on additional protocols as the government realises more information. If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Street Child and Threshold will be registering all people on site with the Governments Track and Trace system, therefore non registered participants will not be allowed on site. All temperatures will be taken on arrival. Please read your terms and conditions carefully on registration. Street Child and Threshold do not hold any responsibility for anyone who contracts COVID-19 during the Big Ride for Africa 2020 if the event protocols are not followed.
We look forward to another great ride!