Terms and Conditions
Website Term of Use
The following terms and conditions apply to your access to and use of this website: [http://www.thebigrideforafrica.com] (the "Website"), which is provided by Lessons for Life Foundation ("Lessons for Life"). By using the Website, as of your first use of the Website, you acknowledge and agree that:
- Copyright, database rights, trademarks, registered designs, design rights and all other intellectual property rights in the content of this Website are owned by Lessons for Life and its licensors. You are permitted to download and print content from the Website solely for your own internal business purposes and/or personal use. Website content must not be copied or reproduced, used or otherwise dealt with for any other reason. You are not entitled to modify or redistribute the content of this Website or reproduce, link, frame or deep-link it on any other website without the express written permission of Lessons for Life. You are not entitled to use the content of the Website for commercial exploitation in any circumstances.
- Content on the Website ("Content") is provided on an "as is" basis, for general information purposes only, to inform you aboutLessons for Life. It does not constitute any type of advice or representation and should not be relied on for these purposes. In no event will Lessons for Life be liable for any damages including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from the use or in connection with such use or loss of use of the site, whether in contract or in negligence. If you have a specific question on which you require assistance please contact us using the "Contact" link provided.
- Lessons for Life provides the content on the Website in good faith but gives no warranty or representation that the content is accurate, complete or up to date nor that the Website does not infringe the rights of any third party. Lessons for Life accepts no responsibility or liability for your use of content on the Website and such use is entirely at your own risk. While Lessons for Life takes reasonable precautions to prevent the existence of computer viruses and/or other malicious programs on the Website it accepts no liability for them.
- Information transmitted via this Website will pass over public telecommunications networks. Lessons for Life makes no representation or warranty that the operation of this Website will be uninterrupted or error free or that defects will be corrected and disclaims all liability in respect of this.
- This Website may contain links to other websites. Lessons for Life accepts no responsibility or liability for any material supplied by or contained on any third party website which is linked from or to this Website, or any use of personal data by such third party.
- Any communication or material that you transmit to, or post on, any public area of the site including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like, is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary information.
- Except as expressly set out in these terms, all representations, warranties, conditions and other terms implied by statute, common law or otherwise are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- If any of these terms are held to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction, the remainder of these terms shall continue in full force and effect.
- Lessons for Life reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time by posting changes on the Website. Your continued use of the Website after such changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions as modified.
Lessons for Life is a registered charity in England and Wales (number 1122320) and a company limited by guarantee registered in England (number 6448222) at Griffin House, 161 Hammersmith Road, London W6 8BS.
Lessons for Life privacy practices on the web
- Lessons for Life may collect your personal data if you make a donation or fill in a form on our website or send us an e mail.
- Lessons for Life collects the IP address of the computer you use to browse its website.
- Lessons for Life processes your personal information on Lessons for Life's servers in the EU to provide our Services to you.
- We may use personal information you send us (such as web form, donation or e mail information) to process your donation, to send you information about Lessons for Life, and for auditing, research and analysis.
- We may use IP addresses to compile usage statistics on an anonymous basis.
- We may use other organizations to assist us in processing your information, in particular WorldPay, SagePay or Paypal in respect of donations made to Lessons for Life, but only if they provide adequate privacy protection.
- We offer you preferences at the point at which we collect the personal information.
- We do not disclose your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes unless we have obtained your opt in consent.
- We may need to share personal information with third parties in limited circumstances for legal compliance, for the purposes of gift aid, to prevent fraud or imminent harm, to ensure security, or in case of a transfer of ownership.
- You may turn off cookies in your browser.
You can contact us at:
Lessons for Life Foundation
161 Hammersmith Road
London, W6 8BS
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.